Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today is a good day.

I got a job!

I had the most ridiculous job interview ever at the Buckle this morning. I was supposed to be there at 11, and I was. I was told to shop around while the manager got ready for the interview. Then the usually pushy sales people had me try on jeans for 20 minutes, despite me telling them that, being unemployed, I could not afford a $150 pair of pants. Then the manager came and asked me about 6 questions and told me he would call me.

I wandered around the mall a little bit and stared at the Paul Blart's rolling around on there Segway's with helmets. I also noticed that they have two Abercrombie stores... does anyone else find this strange?

Anyways, I returned an application to a downtown lounge/bar today as well, and was offered the job on the spot. I shall be a cocktail waitress at Dice. Works perfect for my hours and tip money is almost always better than being paid by the hour...especially in a bar.

I've been working out and feel good... spirits are high, all things considered.

The parlor is all but finished... we are just waiting for the health and building inspectors to come and check everything. We shall be open soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment